<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11347789\x26blogName\x3dwar+is+real\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://warisreal.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://warisreal.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8175294592902044578', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
war is real

unconcerned, uncompromised and unconvoluted letters from a soldier getting ready to face war for the second time. 

Thursday, June 02, 2005

7:10 PM - Dreams And Promotions

Nothing new on the early deployment front. In all honesty, it's probably just rumors, but I even heard it from a 1LT that works in S1, and they would probably know better than anyone about what our current agenda is. So yeah, nothing new, but nothing different, either.

Tomorrow, thankfully, is our last day of work. It's only half a day for me, however, as I'll be headed to my PTSD therapy group and talking for three hours about things I don't really want to talk about with a huge group of people. Supposedly it helps, but I haven't seen any proof of that. Most of that time, things just dissolve into a war stories-fest, with everyone trying to outdo the other people. It doesn't seem like that would be appropriate, but there's some kind of inferiority complex in the military where you always have to be one up on the other guy, even when it involves things like your friends dying.

Since I stopped taking Ambien, my dreams have not only returned, but have become increasingly realistic. And I'm not even talking about bloody, violent dreams -- I'm simply talking about dreams about cars, girls, my family, etcetera. It's really nice, even though a lot of times I wake up wishing I was still asleep. And I've also had a problem lately with sleeping through my alarm, which is a good thing, I guess, except I get in trouble when I show up late. I overslept by three hours this morning. THAT needs to stop.

In other news, I'm getting sent to the promotion board in a few months. Yes, yours truly will be promotable to Sergeant, which is crazy.


Anonymous Niky said...

Congrats on the upcoming promotion!!!

I've been reading your blog only for a while (though I've gone through all of the entries). I commented once, a week or so ago (I honestly can't remember where it was, but it was under anonymous). Someone very important to me is going through some similar things after coming back from Iraq, and he's said (in regards to the group that you have this afternoon) that it seems to help to try to talk with ppl that weren't over there with him, that haven't gone through the same thing. I guess in doing that, you don't have to worry about trying to one up another person, and it's seemed to give him a bit of hope that other ppl actually give a damn. There's merit in talking w/ppl who have gone through the same things, and in having groups of ppl who have the same experiences supporting each other, but I guess there are times when it helps him to discuss it with someone who hasn't had those experiences. Maybe it helps him to sort things out, b/c I don't automatically understand everything that he's gone through, and he's able to come to me (or someone else if he chooses) when he wants, not having some seemingly arbtrary appointment.

Good luck this afternoon, and if you get deployed early, good luck with that too, and stay safe.

And congrats on the absence of medication going so well.

~Niky
knicolestockhausen@gmail.com  


Post a Comment

© warisreal 2005 - Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates