<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11347789\x26blogName\x3dwar+is+real\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://warisreal.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://warisreal.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8175294592902044578', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
war is real

unconcerned, uncompromised and unconvoluted letters from a soldier getting ready to face war for the second time. 

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

8:17 PM - Leaving On A Jetplane? Or A Boat?

So, if I disappear from here for three weeks to a month and there's absolutely no posting going on, then you'll know we've been deployed months ahead of our scheduled departure date. Nothing confirmed or anything, but there's some pretty credible rumors flying around about a post-NTC leave date, which means we'd be leaving FIVE MONTHS ahead of schedule. Yeah, not too excited about this.

I've gone five days without medication, and I'm actually feeling clearheaded. Last night, I had the first dream in a long time that wasn't about dead soldiers and flying rockets, so I guess that's a good start. I love not taking Ambien -- I'm actually about to remember things for the first time in a long time -- and so I think I'll keep not taking it. If that makes sense at all, then you're a better person than me. I'm sure the Major will have issues with me deciding not to take my medication, but the only way I'm putting that shit down my gullet again is if they get the MP's to hold me down and force it down my throat. And even then, I'll throw it up.

By the way, for anyone who is interested, the full Coldplay album finally leaked to the internet today. And don't talk to me about illegal downloading, because I've had the album pre-ordered for a month and I'll probably be buying several more copies for friends. Yes, I've heard it and it is fucking amazing and beautiful and incredible and a million other adjectives that I would use to describe it if given proper space.


Post a Comment

© warisreal 2005 - Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates