<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07511347789\46blogName\75war+is+real\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLACK\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://warisreal.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://warisreal.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-8175294592902044578', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
war is real

unconcerned, uncompromised and unconvoluted letters from a soldier getting ready to face war for the second time. 

Sunday, October 16, 2005

8:35 PM - Reading

Just finished reading Just Another Soldier. It's a great read, as I expected it would be, although I still prefer Colby's book overall. Jason is a great writer and just Colby, you really get a feel for the experiences we go through over there. I liked My War simply because it was dirty and real, which is what the memories I have from there are like. My memories aren't full of good and noble peacekeeping missions, they're full of blood and guts and friends dying from mortar attacks. I can actually say that I probably don't remember 30% of our time over there thanks to the medications they put me on when I got home, which I guess was the intended result.

I'm somewhat selective on what blogs I read on a daily basis, but Mauser Girl has won herself a spot in my Daily Reads bookmarks just by being an excellent writer. I only wish she had an RSS feed so I could subscribe to her; I've only just recently discovered the RSS thing and it's been an incredible timesaver for me because I'm able to just scan through the stuff I like and ignore the shit I don't like.

I'm going back to my weekend.


Post a Comment

© warisreal 2005 - Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates